TOO OFTEN WE UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A TOUCH, A SMILE, A KIND WORD, A LISTENING EAR, AN HONEST COMPLIMENT, OR THE SMALLEST ACT OF CARING, ALL OF WHICH HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO TURN A LIFE AROUND
LEO F. BUSCAGLIA

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Welcome Back...

Hi everyone! I'm blowing the dust off my blog, checking to see if I can crank this thing up again after what has proven to be a very busy few months of non-quilt related activities here at Stillmeadow. We had house related fixing and painting projects. There was a lot of work outdoors that began very early last spring and kept on going until just last week as we enjoyed a gorgeous spurt of warm late autumn weather...a perfect opportunity to finish yard and garden work in addition to more painting while it was not too hot (that was a relief) or too cold. Now we are covered with snow and it's cold again. Brrr! Now I can go back to the rooms indoors. I've tried the paint brands that claim to stink less, but they still stink! OMG, the fumes!

In the sewing room, I did find time for two quilt projects on the days that I just had to take a rest from the above and thought I would share them with you before the autumn season turns to winter.

I collected the fabric for the Black Cat Quilt while touring Minnesota quilt shops a couple of years ago, and it lay waiting for two years! Where does time go? This is a Country Threads quilt design. Found that while enjoying a visit to their shop in Iowa. Love the style of their designs, and the farm setting there is anything but typical. The quilt is 24 x 54 inches and is the perfect quilt to hang in the front hall of our home. I like it waaay up there and would like to make another less seasonal quilt to hang when this comes down. If any of you have an idea for a quilt this size, please be sure to let me know.


Before the Black Cat jumped over the pumpkin patch, I made this quilt for a friend. She's a treasure and a person I am thankful to know. Be Thankful is a Cottage Creek design that is a so much fun to make that this is my third time making this for family and friends. I was thinking that I might like to have one of my own too. One of these days I might.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating in the week ahead. The holiday season is sneaking up on me this year. Guess I had better focus on a nice turkey dinner and let that paint brush dry for a while.

27 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back again!!! It sounds like you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to hear from you! Love the black cat quilt, and I'll keep my eyes open for another pattern that size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear from you now get sewing _ you have some catching up to do - lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Wondered where you went to! Love the cat quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life does take over sometimes, but good to see you back. Your fall quilts are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your a welcome sight to see here on my blog side bar!
    Oh that black kitty quilt is a keeper! Love it!!! What about making same quilt but use fun quilt blocks or houses for kitty to jump over? Just a thought. I spotted the other quilt at Carol's blog awhile back....such a sweet friend you are! Keep toasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well welcome back! I love The Black Cat Quilt! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim, I've missed your blog posts. I love your black cat quilt and of course you know I love my Pumpkin quilt (Thank you so much). You are on my sidebar. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Kim, I love the black cat quilt. You're back to cold snowy weather and today looks like being our first really warm day of the season, yay..!!!
    Take care..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your black cat wallhanging and I also love that you're back. Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim I love your black cat quilt...it looks great hanging there. Welcome back...you've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back!!! I have missed your postings and all your beautiful projects.
    Trish www.quilttalesandcattails.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are beautiful but the black cat is stunning, and hanging in just the perfect place! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always like the quilt pattern for that longgggg cat over the pumpkins. Yours looks good.
    Glad to see a post from you. I have been wondering what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So nice to see you back! Have missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to see you again... Love that CAT!!! :o)))) You have a very lovely home!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooohh .... it is so good to hear from you again .... and I just love your new finishes. You have an unique place to hang quilts in your entry. For the winter season, you could use the same quilt pattern, change the cat colour and switch the pumpkins for trees; hearts for Valentines, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I knew you were there . . . . somewhere *s* Glad to have you back posting again. Love the quilt projects. Such a lucky girl to have been to Country Threads - someday, I'd like to drop in for a little look-see myself!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good to see you Kim!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that cat jumping wall hanging! You also have such a beautifully designed blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well Hello there! It's great to see you back again! It sounds like you have had a very busy past few months. House maintenance is definitely a chore, but necessary!
    I really love the black kitty! He is just perfect for where you have hung him. Which by the way, how in the world did you get it up there?? I like what I see of your home. We had ceiling beams in a previous home we lived in. I thought they brought such warmth to our home.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How nice to see you back Kim. It sounds like you have been one busy lady.
    Your cat quilt looks very handsome in that special place.
    Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving.
    Stay warm,
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  23. thought you fell off somewhere! glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So you also took a break like me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.