TOO OFTEN WE UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A TOUCH, A SMILE, A KIND WORD, A LISTENING EAR, AN HONEST COMPLIMENT, OR THE SMALLEST ACT OF CARING, ALL OF WHICH HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO TURN A LIFE AROUND
LEO F. BUSCAGLIA

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I was very surprised recently to find a package in my mailbox. It was from my friend Karen, who blogs at Quilts A Lot! and is a very talented traditional quilter and is also a very accomplished hand-quilter.
Karen made this needle keep and enclosed a pair of her favorite brand of scissors as well. I added needles and a spool of thread and packed it in my bag to use that very day while waiting through Tom's tests at the clinic. I sewed the binding on a little postage stamp quilt - you know those appointments can take a while. Until now I didn't own a needle keep! This really is nice to have.
Thank you, Karen! I'll think of you each time I pop it in the quilting to-go bag.

11 comments:

  1. What a thought ful gift and nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful gift! Love those scissors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet is that! I love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that's so wonderful of her. ...and I guess I missed it as I've been gone lately but I didn't know Tom was in for more tests. Thinking of you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me blush with all the wonderful compliments.
    You have really great photography skills! I especially like the creative way you set things up.
    Is your postage stamp quilt finished?? I wanna see!!
    I'm happy you have a use for the little "needle case" . It does make a helpful little "to go" carry-all. Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice surprise. Very cute needle case and scissors. I made a couple of these with Kaaren's pattern, fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet is that?? :D Are quilters not just the best buddies?? :) Hope you will get good results from DH's tests.

    ReplyDelete
  8. O, what a lovely, thoughtful gift. So nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.